AmigaActive (1720/2143)

From:Simon Preston
Date:26 May 2000 at 19:30:30
Subject:Re: AGA and Iiyama monitor

>> You wanna do the monitor justice? Don't use AGA. Get a gfx card!!! I
>> don't care if you can't afford one!! Get one dirt cheap on Amibench or
>> something.

> If only life was that easy. I'm afraid there's things like the mortgage,
> electric bills etc. that have to be paid. :)

Then go without Beer, Lager, Ciggies, mags and any other disgusting habits
you may have. :)

> I can get the the Multiscan and VGA modes working, but they're tha same
> resolution and flicker. The only higher mode I can get is 640x960 which
> not only looks daft but flickers like mad.

640x480 flickers? Shouldn't do. I thought you had a flixer anyway?
>I was hoping using some of the
> modes like DoublePal etc. That I'd be able to get something like 800x600
> but it doesn't look like it's possible.

You *know* whats coming next don't you? :)

800x600 using AGA? Please, don't strain it. I managed to grab a Retina Z2
card for 35 UKP. Yeah, the softwares slow and for some reason Cybergraphics
and Piccaso 96 don't support it but its made my A1500 far nicer. Nice 16-bit
800x600. Better than my A1200T's managing at the mo' :(

It is possible to get *near* 800x600 in AGA. Not sure how though. Could
someone who has done this please explain how?
Regards

Simon Preston
ICQ:41353091

http://www.music-laboratory.co.uk/

Subscribe to the Music Lab ML - musiclab-subscribe@egroups.com

So ends one of the strangest bouts of 2 A.M. Tagline cut and paste.

Old school buds here: